Resources for Teachers
Prevention lesson plans
Created by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
See the links below for lesson plans and additional resources.
If you suspect a child is abused or neglected, call Mecklenburg County's 24-hour hotline:
If a child is in
always call 911.
Info to share with parents
- Greater Charlotte Hope Line for parents in need of emotional support or guidance: 980-771-HOPE (4673)
- COVID-19 Parent & Caregiver Guide (Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina)
- Meck4Kids parent tip sheet
- 25 Things to Say to Your Child
- Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center offers classes on how to talk to children about body safety and sexual abuse and social media safety.
Parenting programs offered by Teen Health Connection are designed to strengthen parental efficacy and build healthy connections between parents and their teens
The Relatives offers free parenting classes based on the Love & Logic parenting model.
Thompson Child & Family Focus provides family education programs and support groups.
Positive Parenting Tips for all ages - English and Spanish (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Child Abuse Prevention Month materials
Child abuse prevention trainings with Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment online training (Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina)
Reconociendo y Respondiendo a las Sospechas de Maltrato Infantil (Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina)